Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sometimes the Joke's on Me

A lot of books are visually dated. And, it seems like their content must be dated and passe as well. A perfect example of this is Adrien Arpel's book. But, there are books that can look as hokey as they want, I still have NO RIGHT to make fun of them. Case in point:


I don't know what that cover illustration is, but Hrand M. Muncheryan probably does. He also knows a lot of about lasers. "But, aren't lasers hokey and passe?" you ask. And my response to you is, "Were you an English major, too?" To me, lasers are what I saw on Star Wars and Star Trek. Which I only watched with boyfriends who were not English majors. They seem very 1970s to me. And, sure enough, this book's copyright? 1979. 

But, something tells me (Raymond, for one) that lasers are sort of high tech. As in, if it wasn't for lasers I wouldn't probably be writing this on the interwebs. And if you dare to peak inside, you will see this is true:



What!?!?!?!?! There is something called Holography? This is a real thing? Like a science thing?

Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment